Our Library subscribes to databases, software and other e-resources. It is important to note that the following subscribed e-resources (except Prowess) are accessible within the campus only on the University’s IP address/ network. So no need to use any login ID and password to access:
A. Subscribed IP based Databases
2. Taylor and Francis (1076 e-journals) – tandfonline.com
3. Oxford University Press (262 e-journals) – oup.com
4. Emerald (309 e-journals) – emeraldgrouppublishing.com
5. JSTOR (3044 e-journals) – https://www.jstor.org/
6. EPWRF India Time Series – epwrfits.in
7. Economic Political Weekly – epw.in
8. Manupatra Legal Database – https://www.manupatrafast.com/ipAccess.aspx
9. Project Muse – https://muse.jhu.edu/
10. Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID) Database – https://isid.org.in/
B. Subscribed Login based Database:
- Prowess Database – ProwessIQ – cmie.com (For login credentials, please contact email@example.com)
How to access the above e-resources?
- Databases: Connect your device to University’s Wi-Fi/ network and click on the name of the e-resource (e.g. Emerald), then you will be automatically connected to the particular database. If you are using University’s computer in any lab/ class/ Library, check the internet connectivity and click on the name of the e-resource (e.g.. Emerald), then you will be automatically connected to that particular database/s. (You may write to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- E-books require login credential which may be obtained from the Library.
- Software such as SPSS, MATLAB, StadPro, etc. may be accessed at e-Library (Opp. Periodical Section, 2nd Floor, Academic Block-IV).
- Plagiarism Detection Software: URKUND and Turnitin require login credentials which may be obtained from the Library. (Note: Access to URKUND is given to teachers and researchers. Whereas access to Turnitin is given to all teachers only.
- For queries, please write to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or meet us.
C. Licensed Software:
The following licensed software are available under Central Computing Facility provided by PDU Central Library:
- The 30 perpetual academic licenses of SPSS software with SPSS Base module 26, Advanced Statistics, Regression, Forecasting, and Bootstrapping are available for use for all faculty members, research scholars, and students.
- 30 licenses can work at a time. But all can install the SPSS software if needed and can use it. SPSS has been installed in the IT Labs of Department of Management Studies, and Department of Commerce.
- This Software client version can be downloaded anywhere and anyone can access it via LAN in University Campus.
- In case of technical queries, please contact our Library staff.
- Unlimited Campus-Wide Licenses of MATLAB Software Full Suite for three years is available for all faculty members, research scholars, and students.
- The MATLAB Software is already installed in the computer labs of SOET, Departments of Mathematics and Physics.
- For access related queries, please contact our Library staff.
- 30 user perpetual licenses of the Primavera Software of Oracle for Department of Civil Engineering is available for use. For accessing the software, please contact the Head of Department of Civil Engineering.
- The Unlimited 250 licenses of Bentley Academic Campus Program (Staad Pro Bundle) is subscribed for five years by the University, the software is useful for the faculty/students of Department of Civil Engineering.
- The software is installed in the computer lab of the SOET (Computer Science Engineering Lab).
- To use the software, you may contact the Head of Department of Civil Engineering. For any technical queries, please contact Support Engineer, Mr. Sahil Kumar-88035 09860.
- The 15 Academic user perpetual licenses of Maple software are available for all faculty members, research scholars, and students.
- Three single-user perpetual licenses of Stata/IC 16 is available with the University. The software is installed in the IT Labs of Departments of Economics/ Management Studies and Commerce. For queries, please contact our Library staff.
- Single user perpetual license of Gaussian 16, GaussView 6, and TCP-Linda Academic Licence Software is available for use. The software is installed in the Department of Chemistry. For details, please contact the Head of Department of Chemistry.
- Note: (a) Subscription to e-resource/s (other than the listed e-resources) depends on recommendations from the Department, necessary approval and external grants to subscribe; (b) Under the banner of ‘One Nation One Subscription’ of Government of India, University is hopeful to get useful e-resources/ databases.
- Online Library Catalogue for checking the books available in our Library.